Anonymous asked: TECHNICALLY. The word "de" is a bit less fixed than your French anon seems to be asserting. It makes more sense in context with your translation of "from" than the super transliteral (not a word, Chrome is telling me) "of." It's the same in Spanish, which I have more knowledge of, tbh - it can mean both, and it's relative to context. Stick to your HP nerdguns. You're fuckin right.
Yes, well, being super technical, I would say they’re correct in that it’s literally “flight of death” because to say “flight from death” would probably be something more like vol de la mort. But, having said that, JKR would hardly name him Voldelamort. So, personally, even though his name does mean flight of death, flight from death makes far more sense to me because that’s what the dude’s all about.
Anonymous asked: Nope, it's flight of death, I can tell I'm actually French
Anonymous asked: Talking about words meaning (NO I'M NOT DOING THE TOLKIEN JOKE), here's a little fact. Do you know that in french "voldemort" actually mean "flight of death"?
Yes, I did know that! Very cool.
Edit: Or, flight from death, I believe.
Anonymous asked: one time I meant to put 'I will murder you' and accidentally wrote 'I will mordor you.' idk your post reminded me of that ok disappearing now bye
Nearly the same thing tbh
Anonymous asked: Well "mor" means like darkness or black or something and Tolkien was a master of the english language and its roots so I am honestly not surprised.
Ah, interesting. I knew Tolkien took a lot from old English and stuff, but I didn’t know about “mor.” That explains a lot.
Anonymous asked: Thank you for this wonderful Brownie in a mug rezept! I try it today and it´s one of the best thing I have ever eat! And with strawberry ice it´s amazing! *goes back to eat it*
Of course! That sounds delicious.
Anonymous asked: Hello, Mari! I have a question (well, two, I suppose): What sort of music do you like best? Who are your favourite artists? Also, you have a spectacular blog--I always find something here to make me smile! ^^
Hello anon! Welllll, I quite like a few things. As for genres, I’d probably have to say that folk rock is my favorite, but I also love punk/punk rock, rock, classic rock, alternative and/or indie, and I’ve been known to listen to motown a bit, as well as some musicals. The only country I listen to is Johnny Cash. I like some stuff from the 50s, namely Buddy Holly. Jazz can be pretty cool too, but I don’t make a point of listening to it.
Without a doubt, Bob Dylan is my favorite artist, followed closely by The Beatles and then Green Day (all of their stuff, 90s-present), then The Clash and finally Camera Obscura. I have every CD of Bob Dylan, The Beatles, and Green Day.
Lately, I’ve been listening to a lot of Florence + the Machine, Marina and the Diamonds, the Strokes, and just songs here and there of popular alternative songs.
I like good lyrics, that’s really what makes or breaks a song for me. I won’t listen to music whose lyrics I dislike.
This is really a very long and complicated question, but that kind of sums it up.
And thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :]
Anonymous asked: You're one of the first fandom blog I followed. Thanks for showing me how awesome being in a Tumblr fandom can be!! :)
Aw, thank you kind anon :]
Anonymous asked: Did you know Katie McGrath is a natural blonde?
Is she really?! Wow. I’ve never seen a photo of her with blonde hair.
Anonymous asked: More Merlin fics please?
Aw, sure, anon :] I’ll try to write something tonight.
Anonymous asked: FYI Don't Blink just added another chapter
Thanks for letting me know! :]
Anonymous asked: 10 and 16
10—Things I Couldn’t Live Without:
- My best friends
- Alone time
- Sweaters (really important to my life lbr)
16—Things I’d Like to Be:
- A published author/illustrator
- A better friend
- Less envious
Anonymous asked: 3, 18, 19, 20, 21? :)
18 and 20 have been done :]
I’m going to go ahead and add sweets in this
- Kalamata olives
19—Things About Nature
- The sound and smell of the ocean and the feeling of sinking your feet into the wet sand, and looking out at it alone, and feeling as though you’re being pulled out to it and knowing for certain you are a part of the universe.
- The vibrancy of green trees change into in the rain.
- Laying on the ground while it’s snowing and getting dizzy from watching the flakes fall while everything is utterly white around you.
- The humidity of plants, such as in green houses, like it’s the smell of being alive and the way your lungs expand and feeling like you’ve never breathed a proper breath before now.
- The night sky, unpolluted by city light. Just the moon, the inky blueness and the stars and feeling so small but so big at the same time.
21—Talents I’d Like to Have
- To sing
- Play the piano (or any instrument really)
- To act
- To make pretty gifs omg
Anonymous asked: What's your opinion on the story line of Doctor Who season six? Personally I felt like Moffat really strayed from the main themes/values of the show and changed it into some bizarre puzzle (the River story line and the "Doctor WHO?!?!" cliffhanger were SO uninteresting to me). I'm just wondering what your take on Moffat's version of DW is because I always enjoy your posts about these topics. :-)
I appreciate that you like my meta, anon!
Well, long story short(ish), it’s hard to analyze the WHOLE of s6 in a few paragraphs, but I just had some major problems with the season. Namely:
- Amy became far more of a plot device
- River’s storyline went to hell
- It was too muddled and confusing
- Too many questions were left unanswered
- HYPE HYPE HYPE. Everything was like tHIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST, MOST MYSTERIOUS, BESTEST SEASON OF DW EVERRR AND IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!11 and then it just didn’t live up to it. There was a post going around a few days ago about how Moffat’s storytelling is all about the hype while RTD, generally, kinda sneaked up behind you and blew your mind if that makes sense lol.
Not to say there weren’t some good episodes… The God Complex and such. But those were standalones and non-Moffat written eps. I just hope that s7 will be an improvement, but I have my worries because, well, Moffat.
Anonymous asked: I know this is random, but do you have a 720p torrent download for Doomsday? Thanks and your blog is the best. :)
I’m sorry, I don’t!
Does anyone have a link?